You want a beautiful wood floor for your living room. But it’s just too expensive. Have you considered using laminate flooring instead? It simulates the look of wood, but is a lot cheaper to buy and install. And those aren’t the only perks. Here are some of the benefits of using laminate flooring in your home décor.
- It’s Inexpensive. As we already mentioned, the main draw of laminate flooring over hardwood is the price difference. You can get the same high quality look as wood, but for around half the cost. Hardwood starts at around $9 per square foot, ranging up to $12. While the most expensive laminate is only about $8 per square foot, and the cheaper material is only about $5.
- It’s Durable. No matter how much it looks like wood, you may still think of laminate flooring as just a cheap substitute. But in fact, it provides several advantages over hardwood. Wood can get dented and scratched fairly easily, ruining the look you’ve paid so much to get. But laminate has a protective layer that resists damage, allowing it to last longer and remain intact. Many laminate manufacturers will even give you a 10 year warranty, as it’s designed to last a long time.
- It’s Easy to Clean. The protective layer not only guards against damage, but also against moisture and stains. While it’s maybe not the best choice for a high water area such as the bathroom, areas like the kitchen, that see a moderate amount of moisture, are well protected with laminate flooring. Clean up spills with a damp mop and a laminate floor cleaner, and clean regular dirt and dust with a broom or a vacuum. Since the pieces look together, there aren’t any cracks or grooves to trap dirt, so sweeping is a breeze. And unlike hardwood, laminate doesn’t need to be waxed.
- It’s Easy to Install. You may have heard that laminate flooring is tedious and difficult to lay down, and that each piece must be painstakingly glued to the next to hold them together. That may have been true a few years ago, but it’s not anymore. Modern laminate pieces are designed to fit together, interlocking like puzzle pieces, without the need for glue between them, so that you can install them quickly and easily. It can also be installed on just about any type of subfloor. You can even install it over a completely different type of flooring, such as vinyl.
- It’s Versatile. Laminate is best known for being a substitute for hardwood, but it can do so much more. There are types of laminate made to look like ceramic tile, or even like stone. They’ve virtually indistinguishable from the real thing, offering a variety of beautiful aesthetics for your home, at a fraction of the price.
These are just a few of the ways that laminate flooring can brighten up your home. Talk to a flooring expert today to see what style of laminate flooring would best suit your décor, and where and how you might be able to install it. To get the look of hardwood or stone for a fraction of the cost and without all the hassle, put laminate floors in your home today!